At last we have reached the end of a long but extremely helpful open beta period for one of the largest game updates so far. We are happy to announce that ETS2 update to version 1.22 is released.
Over the period of the last two weeks, over 22500 people participated in our open beta. Over 85000 World of Trucks contracts were completed. The feedback was great, plenty of issues have been spotted and fixed or polished. Thank so much to all beta participants!
Let's do a short recap of major items that made this update:
- World of Trucks Contracts feature - now you able take jobs from the World of Trucks website
- Tire decals coloring
- Simulated tire grades based on European tire grading system (rolling resistance, wet grip, noise levels)
- The paint shop was integrated into the standard truck configuration
- Improved truck's chassis geometry by adjusting fifth wheel position for most of 6x2, 6x4 chassis's to decrease under steering under full throttle
- When clutch axis is not assigned for H-Shifter transmission, truck will handle clutch itself (much like sequential transmission)
- When shifter layout is named (new attribute "name"), the name string is shown in game for better recognition
- Hired drivers are more efficient when equipped by good truck
- User defined limit for length of generated jobs in the offline economy (g_job_distance_limit)
- User defined LOD distance for pedestrian, traffic and parked cars; multiplier of default distance (g_lod_factor_pedestrian, g_lod_factor_traffic, g_lod_factor_parked)
- Config for disabling "Autoparking" dialogue (g_adviser_auto_parking)
- Config for disabling Route Advisor popups when hidden (g_adviser_keep_hidden)
- Fixing missing world on low-end GPUs on OSX
- Improved physics and stability of trailers (disconnected, parked, AI)
- User defined traffic density, defined by multiplier to default (g_traffic)
- Improved simulation of suspension (leaning in curves or when accelerating/decelerating)
- Improved navigation, lane switching, spawning and obstacle checking
- New sounds for Volvo FH16 Classic
- New sounds for Volvo FH
- Higher resolution textures are used on models in UI screens regardless of the graphics settings
- Redesigned job and time widget on desktop
- Day/night effect switching for movers and walkers
As a little gift to the numerous owners of a wide range of our DLCs, in the next day or two we are going to enhance the Christmas Paint Jobs Pack and Ice Cold Paint Jobs Pack with a new dashboard toy and cabin decoration each. If you also own Cabin Accessories DLC, these new "toys" will be unlocked and accessible now.
Here is a screenshot of the new cabin decorations in action...